From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin March 18, 2005

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:54:10 -0800

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin March 18, 2005

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just
click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

SUNDAY OF ORTHODOXY: Use the Listen, Learn, Share as we begin our
preparations for Lent. Each Sunday the web site will offer a focus on the
theme, the icon, how we commemorate, and selected hymns from the services.
For the Sunday of Orthodoxy go to

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/listen_learn_share/sunday_of_orthodoxy/learn
/index.asp

GREAT LENT SITE: Discover numerous resources to assist and edify you
during the Lenten Season. You will find hymns, reflections, sermons,
background on the Sundays and feasts, and much more.

http://greatlent.goarch.org

FAMILY ARTICLES ADDED TO SITE: In an effort to provide a central place of
resources on the Family, the Center for Family Care has begun to collect
articles and excerpts from books on Orthodox Family life. For the most
recent articles, visit the web sites below and check back for new additions
in the coming weeks.

http://www.familyaschurch.org/articles.asp

http://www.familyaschurch.org/books.asp

SERVICE TEXTS ONLINE: Would you like to read through the Akathist Hymn or
the service for the Commemoration of the Restoration of Icons used on the
Sunday of Orthodoxy? Visit the Online Chapel for a full list of services
and prayers.

http://www.goarch.org/en/chapel/text.asp

SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ONLINE: Applications for the Gioles and Malta
Scholarships are available through the web site of the Office of the
Chancellor. These programs are for Orthodox college students. Application
deadline is April 15.

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/administration/chancellor/scholarships.a
sp

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) for the week
of 03/19/2005 will be will be "The Historical Events in the Life of the
OCA" with His Beatitude Metropolitan HERMAN as our guest. Programs are
subject to change; please visit our web site for more information on CRTL
programs, featured segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org

STRENGTHEN YOUR FAMILY DURING LENT: Beginning with the pre-Lenten period,
weekly lessons on the Sunday Gospels are now available on the Family as
Church web site. The lessons are for use each week in the home on a
special family night. To learn more about this resource and to view the
lessons visit the Year of the Family site at

http://www.familyaschurch.org/familynight.asp