From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Broadcaster Leaving Radio Pulpit to Pursue Studies

From "Henry Hess" <hessh@crcna.ca>
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:12:22 -0500

News Release

Date: March 23, 2005

For immediate release

Palos Heights, IL - March 23, 2004 -- The Rev. David Feddes, English
language radio minister for the Back to God Hour, has informed the Back
to God Hour Board that he wishes to leave the electronic media ministry
to pursue a Ph.D in cross-cultural ministry.

The Board approved Rev. Feddes's request that the last day of his
employment be June 30, 2005. Rev. Feddes has offered to help with some
programming needs after that date to assist the Back to God Hour in
making the transition to a new person.

Rev. Feddes has served for the past 15 years as the Back to God Hour's
English language radio minister. His radio programs, proclaiming the
historic Christian gospel, are heard around the world.

In his letter to the Board, Rev. Feddes said, "My decision comes after
much prayer and reflection. I think the time is right. I have often
considered getting an advanced degree and ministering in an academic
setting, so I am excited to start this new chapter in my life. ...

"I thank God for joyful partnership with dedicated staff and dear
colleagues who proclaim Christ in various languages. I thank God for
generous Christians who have supported the Back to God Hour and have
prayed for my family and ministry.... Although I am pursuing new
possibilities, I continue to love this mission organization, and I want
the Back to God Hour to move into the future stronger than ever."

The Board announced that it would begin the search for a new director of
English language ministries. This position will include many of Rev.
Feddes's current responsibilities as well as a number of new
responsibilities.

Board President Rev. Robert Heerspink said, "The Board of the Back to
God Hour thanks Rev. Feddes for a ministry that has increasingly reached
out beyond the borders of North America. English language broadcasting
is experiencing an era of great change and opportunity.

"While radio remains important, the role of the Internet and television
are growing as important outreach tools around the globe. We trust the
Lord will bless the Back to God Hour's English language ministry and
also Rev. Feddes as he serves Christ's kingdom in new ways."

The Back to God Hour is the electronic media ministry of the Christian
Reformed Church in North America.

For more information contact:
Rev. Robert Heerspink - 616-532-4129

-30-