From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[LCMSNews] Kieschnick issues statement about pope

From LCMS e-News <LCMSENEWS@lcms.org>
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:47:05 -0500

<http://www.lcms.org>
e-News
LCMS News

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE! This message comes
from a "Send Only" Mailbox that does not recognize replies.

April 5, 2005 .................... LCMSNews -- No. 22

Kieschnick issues statement about pope

Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod President Gerald Kieschnick
issued the following statement about Pope John Paul II on April 2, the
day the pope died in his Vatican apartment:

Pope John Paul II's strong voice in confronting issues crucial
for our age with courage and conviction for more than a quarter of a
century will be missed. He provided inspiration and leadership, not only
to Roman Catholics but also to the greater Christian world and beyond
with his uncompromising stances in favor of life and against the culture
of death.

Though historic differences between our churches remain, Pope
John Paul II will also be remembered for his call for Christian churches
to seek to work out their differences in faithfulness to their
convictions and to their doctrinal heritage.

We join together with all those from around the world who mourn
the loss of Pope John Paul II, and we pray that all those who grieve his
death may find comfort and peace in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in whose
name alone there is life and salvation.

If you have questions or comments about this LCMSNews release,
contact Joe Isenhower Jr. at joe.isenhower@lcms.org or (314) 996-1231,
or Paula Schlueter Ross at paula.ross@lcms.org or (314) 996-1230.

This Edition of "LCMS News" e-News is provided by:

Board for Communication Services, Division of News and
Information
Contact Editor
<http://www.lcms.org/enews/contact_editor.asp?title=LCMS%20News&editorid
=6>

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from this Newsletter and
many others, please visit LCMS e-News <http://www.lcms.org/enews> .
Share this Newsletter
<http://www.lcms.org/enews/forward.asp?m=2790> with a friend.

MessageId=2790 UserId=10073
_____

Design © Copyright 2002 - 2005 The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod.
<http://www.lcms.org>
No reproduction without consent. All rights reserved.