From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[GOAA] ARCHBISHOP IAKOVOS HOSPITALIZED

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:59:26 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 8, 2005

Contact: Nikki Stephanopoulos
Tel.: 212.570.3530 Cell: 917.903.1255
Marissa P. Costidis
Tel.: 212.570-3588Cell: 732-522-1637
www.goarch.org
www.iakovos.goarch.org

ARCHBISHOP IAKOVOS HOSPITALIZED

New York - Archbishop Iakovos, former Archbishop of the Greek Orthodox
Archdiocese of North & South America for 37 years, recently underwent
surgery to correct a respiratory ailment and remains hospitalized
undergoing treatment.

His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America, who has been with
Archbishop Iakovos in the hospital, invites the faithful throughout the
Archdiocese to "pray fervently to our loving God, the healer of bodies
and souls, for the restoration of the health of our deeply respected and
beloved Archbishop Iakovos."