From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany elected Pope: Presiding

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:53:17 -0400

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany elected Pope: Presiding Bishop's
statement

ENS 041905-1

[ENS] -- Along with many others, both within and beyond the Roman
Catholic
Church, I offer my prayers for Pope Benedict XVI as he takes up the
august
responsibility of his office. I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide him
in
his words and his actions and that he may become a focus of unity and a
minister of reconciliation in a church and a world in which faithfulness
and
truth wear many faces.

The Most Rev. Frank T. Griswold
Presiding Bishop and Primate