From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ACNS] Anglican Consultative Council ACC-13 Meeting

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 09:31:18 -0700

ACNS 3985 | ACO | 31 MAY 2005

Anglican Consultative Council ACC-13 Meeting

The press and media will have the opportunity to attend the plenary sessions of the Nottingham meeting including the June 21 and June 22 presentations by the Anglican Church of Canada, the Episcopal Church USA, and other provinces.

Due to space requirements registration is essential, and a MUST for broadcast media (TV, radio, photographers, as space is minimal).

Passes will be issued each day at the University of Nottingham <http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/international/tour/maps/map-jc.htm> where the meeting will be held. Details will be sent once your details have been verified.

You can register online at the following web site address.
http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acc/press/index.cfm <http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acc/press/index.cfm>

For further information contact Canon Jim Rosenthal at 0207 313 3909 or Robert Bergner 0207 313 3922.

Deadline is June 12

The list of attendee's is now available on our website here <http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acc/meetings/acc13/participants.cfm> as well as the daily programme which is available here <http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acc/meetings/acc13/programme.cfm> .

_____

The following document has been sent to ACC members and is provided here for your information.

Dear Members of the Anglican Consultative Council,

It is my pleasure to enclose the Agenda and documentation of the forthcoming meeting of the Council, meeting at Nottingham, England, from 18 - 28 June 2005. I trust that your travel plans are now in order, and I look forward to welcoming you all personally to our meeting.

While in Nottingham we will be the guests of the Bishop and Diocese of Southwell, and the Revd Canon Andrew Deuchar heads a hard-working local committee who have worked to ensure all the necessary local arrangements for our meeting are in place. In addition they will be inviting us to share in the local parish life of the diocese on one of the Sunday evenings.

Each day will start with a Bible Study led by the Archbishop of Canterbury. There is also a pattern of worship throughout the Council Meeting and I am grateful to our chaplain, the Revd. Ian Tarrant, who is Chaplain of the University, for his work in this regard.

As you examine the enclosed papers you will realise that there are many important issues on our Agenda, covering all aspects of our work. Ecumenical matters have a number of Sessions, as do other Commissions of the Communion and reports from various Anglican Communion Networks. Our revised Constitution will be considered, and proposals in the Windsor Report which relate to the ACC (Appendix 1 of the Report). The Millennium Development Goals, and a report from the Anglican Observer at the United Nations, are also on our Agenda.

As most of you will be aware, the Primates' Meeting in Dromantine, Ireland, last February requested the ACC to "organise a hearing at its meeting in Nottingham, England, in June 2005 at which representatives of the Episcopal Church (USA) and the Anglican Church of Canada, invited for that specific purpose, may have an opportunity to set out the thinking behind the recent actions of their Provinces, in accordance with paragraph 141 of the Windsor Report". In addition, the ACC was also requested "to take positive steps to initiate the listening and study process which has been the subject of resolutions not only at the Lambeth Conference in 1998, but in earlier Conferences as well".

At that stage the Design Group had completed its work on the Agenda, and so, in a meeting with the Chairman, the Agenda was revised to accommodate these requests. In addition there will also be an opportunity for members, if they wish, to share what is happening in their own Provinces on these important issues in our Communion.

Unless otherwise decided by the Council, all sessions will be open to a limited number of visitors and an area will be reserved for them within the meeting room. Tickets for visitors will be available on the day of the session at the ACC reception desk. However only participating members, or those specifically invited to do so, may address the Council.

The ACC is an important consultative body within our Communion, and each meeting is important. I hope that you will take time to pray for our meeting and to read the various papers enclosed.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Yours sincerely,

Kenneth Kearon
Secretary General