From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin August 19, 2005

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:13:32 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin August 19, 2005

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just
click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

If the link does not work from your email, copy the link and paste it into
the address bar of your web browser.

2006 CALENDARS â?? ORDER NOW: Orders are now being taken for the 2006
Parish Ecclesiastical Calendars produced by the Archdiocese. Over 140
parishes ordered calendars last year, and the order deadline for a discount
is September 15. To see a calendar sample and download an order form and
ordering instructions visit

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/departments/communications/parishcalendars/index.asp

ENVIRONMENT AND OUR FAITH: At the beginning of the ecclesiastical year on
September 1, our attention has been directed by the Ecumenical Patriarchate
to environmental concerns and our responsibility to be good stewards of
Godâ??s Creation. For articles on this visit the Our Faith section of the
web site at

http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/environment/

CONFERENCE ON WEALTH AND POVERTY: The Pappas Patristic Institute will be
hosting a conference on â??Wealth and Poverty in Early Christianityâ??
October 13-15 on the campus of Hellenic College and Holy Cross. For the
schedule and registration information visit

http://www.pappaspatristic.hchc.edu/ConfOct05.htm

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) program for
the week of 08/20/2005 will be "Church and State Issues from an Orthodox
Perspective" with Nikolas K. Gvosdev as our guest. Programs are subject to
change; please visit our web site for more information on CRTL programs,
featured segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org

IOCC SEEKS COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE: International Orthodox Christian
Charities, the international relief and development organization of SCOBA
is searching for an associate to implement IOCCâ??s communication
program. For more information on this position visit

http://www.iocc.org/getinvolved_jobopportunities.shtml

HOLY CROSS TO HOST VIOLENCE AND SPIRITUALITY CONFERENCE: Holy Cross Greek
Orthodox School of Theology in Brookline, MA will join with the World
Council of Churches and Boston Theological Institute to host an
International Conference on Violence and Christian Spirituality in
October. To find out more visit

http://www.hellenic.hchc.edu/pages/news/prviolence.asp

GRANTS AVAILABLE FROM â??RELIGIONS FOR PEACEâ??: Religions for Peace USA,
an organization that works for cooperation among faith communities on
issues of social development, justice, reconciliation and peace is offering
mini-grants through the program â??The People Speak 2005.â?? These grants
assist communities in hosting or participating in discussions poverty, war,
terrorism, the environment and other topics. To learn more visit

http://www.rfpusa.org

RETURNING TO COLLEGE?; Remaining strong in the Orthodox faith can be
challenging. Visit the web side of the Orthodox Christian Fellowship to
find out more about opportunities for worship and service at your school.

http://www.ocf.net