From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[PCUSANEWS] WMD forming alumni association for former Presbyterian

From PCUSA NEWS <PCUSA.NEWS@ECUNET.ORG>
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:17:10 -0500

Note #8847 from PCUSA NEWS to PRESBYNEWS:

05422
August 18, 2005

WMD organizing alumni association for ex-missionaries

by Pat Cole
Worldwide Ministries Division communications officer

LOUISVILLE - The Worldwide Ministries Division (WMD) is organizing an alumni
association for former mission workers who have served under appointment of
the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) or its predecessor denominations.

"We envision that this organization will help strengthen and broaden
the bonds that already exist among the people who have served in mission
overseas," said Wes Wilkinson, WMD's coordinator for funds development. "We
also believe the organization will help former mission workers maintain
stronger ties with the work we are doing in WMD."

"Many former mission workers are already staunch advocates for
worldwide ministries," Wilkinson said.

The alumni association will facilitate communication about PC(USA)
mission priorities.

"Former missionaries need more two-way communication with our offices
about the stories to tell, the vision to communicate, the partnerships that
can form, and the new ways of being in mission," said the Rev. Marian
McClure, WMD director. "This organization will help achieve these goals."

For more information, contact Wilkinson by email at
Wwilkins@ctr.pcusa.org or by phone (toll-free) at (888) 728-7228, ext. 5349.