From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: American Baptists Share in Grief Over Death of Brother

From "CHANDLER, David" <David.Chandler@abc-usa.org>
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:57:04 -0400

Roger, Founder of Taizé

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 8/17/05)--American
Baptists grieve with the worldwide Christian community over the death of
brother Roger Louis Schutz-Marsauche, who was attacked and killed by a
woman during evening prayers on August 16, 2005. He was 90 years old.

In a statement today, American Baptist Churches USA general secretary,
Dr. A. Roy Medley, said, "We are deeply saddened by the tragic death of
brother Roger. We have had great love and respect for his commitment to
radical Christian discipleship through radical love for others. He
inspired generations by his bravery during WWII, his dedication to
ecumenicity and his commitment to deepening one's life of prayer and
worship."

K/2005ABNS/05ABN89

American Baptist News Service: Office of Communication, American Baptist
Churches USA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851; (800)ABC-3USA
x2077 / (610)768-2077; fax: (610)768-2320; www.abc-usa.org;
richard.schramm@abc-usa.org