From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin September 2, 2005

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:17:39 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin September 2, 2005

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just
click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

If the link does not work from your email, copy the link and paste it into
the address bar of your web browser.

HURRICANE KATRINA â?? SPECIAL SITE AND RESOURCES: In the aftermath of the
worst natural disaster in modern US history, the Archdiocese has set up a
special site with numerous resources for our faithful and parishes. Visit
to learn more about this crisis and how you can help.

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/hurricane_katrina/

MAKE AN ONLINE DONATION TO THE RELIEF EFFORT: You can make a donation to
the Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief Fund. These funds will help our
Greek Orthodox communities recover, as well as assist in the general
disaster relief effort.

http://idonations.goarch.org/index.cfm?page=donation_6&skipEdit=1&affiliateID=E97F34CE-AF6F-475C-A05D82ACCF99E0EC

IOCC ASSISTING WITH GENERAL DISASTER RELIEF: International Orthodox
Christian Charities is on the ground in the Gulf Coast region coordinating
with other disaster relief agencies to help those affected by Hurricane
Katrina. To read more about their work visit

http://www.iocc.org

MESSAGE FOR ECCLESIASTICAL NEW YEAR: Read the Encyclical of His Eminence
Archbishop Demetrios for the beginning of the Ecclesiastical Year. Also,
listen to his special message for this occasion.

http://www.goarch.org/en/news/NewsDetail.asp?id=1417

http://www.goarch.org/en/archbishop/demetrios/messages/

2006 CALENDARS â?? ORDER NOW: Orders are now being taken for the 2006
Parish Ecclesiastical Calendars produced by the Archdiocese. Over 140
parishes ordered calendars last year, and the order deadline for a discount
is September 15. To see a calendar sample and download an order form and
ordering instructions visit

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/departments/communications/parishcalendars/index.asp

CONFERENCE ON WEALTH AND POVERTY: The Pappas Patristic Institute will be
hosting a conference on â??Wealth and Poverty in Early Christianityâ??
October 13-15 on the campus of Hellenic College and Holy Cross. For the
schedule and registration information visit

http://www.pappaspatristic.hchc.edu/ConfOct05.htm

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) program for
the week of 09/03/2005 will be "Loss of a Child" with V. Rev. Fr. Don &
Khouriya Maggie Hock as our guest. Programs are subject to change; please
visit our web site for more information on CRTL programs, featured
segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org