From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Richard Huber, MMBB Associate Executive Director, to

From "SCHRAMM, Richard" <Rich.Schramm@abc-usa.org>
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:07:09 -0400

Retire

American Baptist News Service (Valley Forge, Pa. 10/21/05)--The Rev.
Richard A. Huber, associate executive director and corporate secretary
of The Ministers and Missionaries Benefit Board (MMBB), has announced he
will retire on June 1, 2006.

Huber joined MMBB's staff in 1973 as a field representative in the West
and became director of Field Services in 1980. While in that position
he was area representative for the Northeastern states and later served
as representative for New York and New Jersey. In 1990 Huber was named
director of Membership Services and six years later was elevated to the
position of associate executive director. In 1999 he was elected to the
office of corporate secretary by MMBB's Board of Managers.

An ordained American Baptist minister, Huber served as minister of
Personal Growth at First Baptist Church of Denver, Colo., prior to
joining MMBB's staff.

Well known to American Baptist ministers, Huber has provided leadership
in countless MMBB seminars and gatherings; represented MMBB on the
Midwest and Eastern Sectional Commissions on the Ministry; and served as
liaison between MMBB and the Ministers Council Senate.

Commenting on Huber's years of service, MMBB Executive Director Sumner
M. Grant said, "Dick Huber represents the best that MMBB
offers-excellence in service to our members. His contributions across
his career have been remarkable and many, but often unseen because of
his unassuming nature. We are indebted to him for his deep knowledge of
benefits and his clear, compassionate application of policy. Dick takes
with him a reservoir of experience and knowledge that will be difficult
to replace. But we wish him the best as he enters his much deserved
retirement."

05ABN117