From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

MECC General Secretary¹s Christmas Message

From mecc <mecc@cyberia.net.lb>
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:39:49 -0800

MECC General Secretary¹s Christmas Message

³Glory to God in the highest heaven and on earth, peace among those whom
he
favors² (Luke 2:14)

In his message, Mr. Saleh highlights the realities of a broken world, the
grief and despondency in the people of good will everywhere, asking himself
how can we rejoice and celebrate when hostility and violence, suffering and
danger, fills peoples¹ hearts with anger and sadness. As we search for
deeper meaning to our lives, we join others in their prayers for peace
around the world, says MECC General Secretary, praying that every candle we
light, renews in us all, awareness of God¹s reconciling love, so that we
can
be the peacemakers and standard bearers of justice.

MECC General Secretary¹s message is posted on the MECC website at:
www.mec-churches.org <http://www.mec-churches.org/>

Middle East Council of Churches
Office of International Ecumenical Relations
P.O. Box 5376, Beirut, Lebanon

Guirgis Ibrahim Saleh, General Secretary
mecc@cyberia.net.lb or guirgissaleh@cyberia.net.lb

+961-1-353-938
http://www.mec-churches.org/