From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Nickelodeon to Broadcast Views of Sikh Youth

From World Sikh Council - America Region <contact@worldsikhcouncil.org>
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:59:54 -0500

Sikh Community Update: Nickelodeon to Broadcast Views of Sikh Youth

The Nickelodeon Cable TV will include a Sikh
youth from Philadelphia among the many voices of
faith in its Nick News special edition program
titled "God, Science, Politics, and Your School"
on Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 8:30 PM ET/PT.

The episode explains to youth the current debate
taking place in our country over Evolution vs.
Intelligent Design in schools. The program gives
voices to youth ages 12-15. The episode will
feature a segment where kids of many religions
share their views on the question "Where do we come from?".

The World Sikh Council - America Region (WSC-AR)
appreciates Religions for Peace (RFP) - USA
referring Nickelodeon to WSC-AR for this program.
We also thank the Sikh youth from Philadelphia
who shared his views on the episode as well as
the Sikh community members of the Philadelphia
Gurdwara Sahib (member organization of WSC-AR)
who helped the Sikh youth prepare for the program.

Sikh Gurdwaras are requested to circulate this
information to the local Sikh community,
especially the Sikh youth. There is nothing like
seeing your own on TV in a positive light - and in a mainstream setting!

**********************

Disclaimer: This e-mail communication is for your
information only. The World Sikh Council -
America Region is not a supporter, co-sponsor or
organizer of the article(s) or event(s), unless listed otherwise.

World Sikh Council ­ America Region (WSC-AR)
P.O. Box 3635, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Phone: 614-210-0591
Email: contact@worldsikhcouncil.org
Website: http://www.worldsikhcouncil.org