From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin January 27, 2006

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:35:21 -0800

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215
Web: http://www.goarch.org
Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin January 27, 2006

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

If the link does not work from your email, copy the link and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.

FEAST OF THE THREE HIERARCHS: The feast of the Three Hierarchs is celebrated on January 30. Learn more about this feast and the great Saints and Teachers of the Church who are commemorated on this day by visiting the special site at

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/listen_learn_share/threehierarchs/learn/

FEAST OF THE PRESENTATION OF OUR LORD: On February 2 we celebrate the Feast of the Presentation of our Lord in the Temple. For hymns, an explanation of the icon, and the background for this feast, visit the special site at

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/listen_learn_share/presentation/learn/

ST. PHOTIOS SHRINE ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE: The St. Photios National Shrine in St. Augustine, FL will be hosting its annual pilgrimage February 4-5. The event will honor the Order of Saint Andrew, Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate. For related events and information on the Shrine and the pilgrimage visit

http://www.goarch.org/en/news/NewsDetail.asp?id=1520

http://www.stphotios.com

ONLINE STORE OF THE GOA: The Orthodox Marketplace is the official online store of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. It serves as your convenient, online source for Orthodox Christian books, music, icons, software, gifts, and more.

http://www.orthodoxmarketplace.org

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) program for the week of 01/28/2006 will be "Looking into Lewis' Wardrobe" with Frederica Mathewes-Green as our guest. Programs are subject to change; please visit our web site for more information on CRTL programs, featured segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org

MISSION TEAM MEMBERS NEEDED FOR 2006: The Orthodox Christian Mission Center has announced the Mission Teams for 2006. To review a list of teams, locations and dates, and to apply for a time visit the OCMC website. Teams will be traveling to many countries to assist in teaching, catechism, construction, and medical services.

http://www.ocmc.org/teams.php?page=156

IONIAN VILLAGE 2006: Ionian Village is now accepting staff applications for the summer of 2006. Applications, the tentative dates for the summer 2006 program and more information are available at

http://www.ionianvillage.org/main.html