From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin March 3, 2006

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:55:59 -0800

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA 8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021 Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215 Web: http://www.goarch.org Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin March 3, 2006

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

If the link does not work from your email, copy the link and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.

PREPARING FOR LENT? Lent will begin on March 6 and the Archdiocese web site offers numerous resources on the Lenten season, prayer, fasting, and much more. Visit the Great Lent site to prepare for this holy time of the year.

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/lent/

MISSION SUNDAY MARCH 5: The Hierarchs of SCOBA have designated Sunday March 5 as Mission Sunday, a day when we acknowledge and support the work of the Orthodox Christian Mission Center and emphasize the importance of missions. For more information on this, the work of OCMC, and the text of the encyclical visit

http://www.ocmc.org/giving.php?page=131

CONFERENCE ON HOLISTIC HEALING IN BYZANTIUM: This conference will be held March 31-April 1 on the campus of Hellenic College ? Holy Cross School of Theology in Brookline, MA. It is sponsored by the Institute of Medicine, Psychology and Religion. For more details visit the conference web site at

http://www.inmpr.org/conferences.htm

LOOKING FOR A JOB?: Visit OrthodoxJobs, the

online resource for positions that are available in a wide-range of areas of parish work, missions, philanthropy, summer camps, and much more.

http://www.orthodoxjobs.com/

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) program for the week of 03/04/2006 will be "First Fruits: A Forty-Day Journey through the Canon of St. Andrew" with Frederica Mathewes-Green as our guest. Programs are subject to change; please visit our web site for more information on CRTL programs, featured segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org

SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE: Applications are now available on line for the Gioles and Malta Scholarships. Awards range from $1500 to $2000 and the application deadline is April 15. For more information and to download applications go to

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/administration/chancellor/scholarships.asp

ONLINE STORE OF THE GOA: The Orthodox Marketplace is the official online store of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. It serves as your convenient, online source for Orthodox Christian books, music, icons, software, gifts, and more.

http://www.orthodoxmarketplace.org