From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin March 31, 2006

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:02:31 -0500

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA 8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021 Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215 Web: http://www.goarch.org Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin March 31, 2006

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

If the link does not work from your email, copy the link and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.

GREAT LENT ? SUNDAY OF JOHN CLIMACUS: On the fourth Sunday of Great Lent, we commemorate St. John Climacus. Learn more about this Sunday, its significance, and how we commemorate it at

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/lent/saint_john_climacus/learn/

CONGRESS REGISTRATION FORMS ONLINE: The 38th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress will be held in Nashville, July 16-21. Registration materials, general information, hotel accommodations, as well as videos with messages from Archbishop Demetrios and Metropolitan Nicholas are available at

http://www.clergylaity.org

2006 YEARBOOK AVAILABLE ONLINE: The 2006 edition of the Yearbook of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is available online at the address below. Print copies can be ordered by calling the Dept. of Communications at 212-774-0244.

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/yearbook/

2006 ?Orthodoxy in America Lecture Series? at Fordham University: ?In the World, not of the World, for the Sake of the World: Orthodoxy and American Culture.?

The lecture will take place at the Lincoln Center campus of Fordham University in New York City on Tuesday, April 4, 2006, at 6:00pm. The guest lecturer is Albert J. Raboteau, Ph.D., Henry W. Putnam Professor of Religion at Princeton University. The University invites all who are interested to attend the lecture. For more details regarding this lecture, its location, and Fordham?s ?Orthodoxy in America Lecture Series,? please access the following link:

http://www.fordhamfrc.org/chaplain/lectures.shtml

NATIONAL ALTAR BOY RETREAT: The National Altar Boy Retreat and National Retreat for Girls will be held at Hellenic College ? Holy Cross April 6-9, 2006. For more information and to download registration materials visit

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/departments/youth/retreat/index.asp

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) program for the week 04/01/2006 will be "Experiencing Lent as a Community" with Fr. Roman Braga as our guest. Programs are subject to change; please visit our web site for more information on CRTL programs, featured segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org

SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE: Applications are now available on line for the Gioles and Malta Scholarships. Awards range from $1500 to $2000 and the application deadline is April 15. For more information and to download applications go to

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/administration/chancellor/scholarships. asp

OCMC GROUNDBREAKING CEREMONIES: On May 5, the Orthodox Christian Mission Center will celebrate the groundbreaking for its new training and administrative center in Florida. Bishop Dimitrios of Xanthos will officiate. For more information on this event and how you can participate visit

http://www.ocmc.org/news.php?sub=news&action=topic&id=242

ONLINE STORE OF THE GOA: The Orthodox Marketplace is the official online store of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. It serves as your convenient, online source for Orthodox Christian books, music, icons, software, gifts, and more.

http://www.orthodoxmarketplace.org