From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

The Int'l Islamic Forum for Dialogue Condemns Alexandria Events

From mecc <mecc@cyberia.net.lb>
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 10:29:03 -0700

A Statement issued on April 17, 2006 by the President of the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue (IIFD), Dr. Hamed Bin Ahmad Al Rifaie, notes wit h deep concern the assaults on three churches in Alexandria, Egypt. ³We, at the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue, which represents over one hundred Muslim organizations, strongly condemn these criminal violations of Christian, Muslim and all other places of worship and religious symbols worldwide and call for the punishment of criminals and to an end to such irresponsible religious acts?We call on all Christian and Muslim religious and cultural leaders and thinkers in Egypt²?. to collaborate closely together to suppress the very roots of similar acts that aim at disrupting peace and security in Egypt and the whole region. The Statement in Arabic i s posted on the MECC website at: www.mec-churches.org <http://www.mec-churches.org/

Middle East Council of Churches Office of International Ecumenical Relations P.O. Box 5376, Beirut, Lebanon

Guirgis Ibrahim Saleh, General Secretary

mecc@cyberia.net.lb or guirgissaleh@cyberia.net.lb

+961-1-353-938 http://www.mec-churches.org/