From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin May 5, 2006

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 12:38:19 -0700

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA 8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021 Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215 Web: http://www.goarch.org Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin May 5, 2006

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

If the link does not work from your email, copy the link and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.

SUNDAY OF THE HOLY MYRRHBEARERS: Visit this special site to learn more about the second Sunday after Pascha, the Sunday of the Holy Myrrhbearers. View the icon, review the story from the Bible, read the hymns, and learn more about how we observe this Sunday

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/listen_learn_share/sunday_of_myrrhbearers/learn/

CLERGY-LAITY REGISTRATION ONLINE: The 38th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress will be held in Nashville, July 16-21. Registration, general information, hotel accommodations, as well as videos with messages from Archbishop Demetrios and Metropolitan Nicholas are available at

http://www.clergylaity.org

ORTHODOX RESPONSE TO DA VINCI CODE AND GOSPEL OF JUDAS: Read articles written by theologians and educators that address the issues and themes of the Da Vinci Code and the Gospel of Judas from an Orthodox Christian perspective

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/DaVinci/

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/gospel_of_judas/

REGISTER NOW FOR NATIONAL YOUNG ADULT CONFERENCE: The National Young Adult Conference will be held in Nashville July 14-17, 2006, prior to the Clergy Laity Congress. Come experience workshops with noted Orthodox speakers, fellowship with young adults, and Music City USA! Online registration, weekend schedule, and general information can all be found at

http://www.yal.org

REGISTRATION EXTENED FOR IONIAN VILLAGE: Ionian Village, the travel abroad program of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, is extending registration for its two summer sessions: Summer Travel Camp (Grades 7-9): June 29- July 16 and Byzantine Venture (Grades 10-12): June 24- August 13. Registration is due May 25, 2006 for Summer Travel Camp and June 13, 2006 for Byzantine Venture. For more information, or for registration materials, please visit the web site below or call the Ionian Village office at 646 519 6190.

http://www.ionianvillage.org

APRIL ISSUE OF THE ORTHODOX OBSERVER ONLINE: Download and read the Paschal issue of the Orthodox Observer and be informed on the latest events from the Archdiocese, the Ecumenical Patriarchate, and from our Metropolises and Parishes.

http://www.goarch.org/en/news/observer/

REGISTER NOW FOR CONGRESS FAMILY SYNAXIS: A new and exciting program has been added to the activities of the 38th Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress to be held in Nashville July 16-20. Plan to bring your family for worship, spiritual growth, and fellowship. Details and registration information available at

http://www.clergylaity.org/

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) program for the week 05/06/2006 will be "Holy Land Christians Caught in the Middle" with Fr. Constantine Nasr as our guest. Programs are subject to change; please visit our web site for more information on CRTL programs, featured segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org