From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[PCUSANEWS] A statement by Cliff Kirkpatrick, stated clerk of the General Assembly

From News Service <newsservice@CTR.PCUSA.ORG>
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:21:28 -0400

You are currently subscribed to the PCUSANEWS listserv of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).

http://www.pcusa.org/ga217/newsandphotos/ga06056.htm

GA06056

A statement by Cliff Kirkpatrick, stated clerk of the General Assembly

BIRMINGHAM, June 17 * We have been carefully monitoring the operation of the Les system, particularly in the work of committees. We have also heard your expressions of both support and concern. We, and you, know that no new system works perfectly. Thanks for your patience and encouragement.

We will continue to use Les as our primary information system for our plenary work, which begins on Monday. The Les tech team will be available to help us with the system. To make sure that the Assembly’s business goes smoothly, I have decided to print and distribute two things: copies of the business referred to each committee and the committee’s recommendations to the plenary. These papers will be distributed to commissioners and advisory delegates.

As we proceed through the rest of the Assembly, we will be monitoring the situation closely and will continue to produce printed resources for commissioners and advisory delegates as necessary.

We covet your continued support, patience and prayers.