From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Jack Helms, OGS Treasurer Cheryl Wade's Father, Dies

From "Jayne, Andy" <Ajayne@ABC-USA.org>
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:15:17 -0400

VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS)-Jack Lawrence Helms died Wednesday morning surrounded by family at his daughter's home in Hardy, VA. He was 83 years old and the father of Cheryl Wade, Associate General Secretary and Treasurer for the Office of the General Secretary, ABCUSA. Helms died of pneumonia complicated by advanced Parkinson's Disease.

"We pray that God will cover Cheryl and her family with love, compassion, and peace during this time of sorrow and grief." said Rev. Dr. A. Roy Medley, ABCUSA General Secretary. "Our hearts and prayers are with them as they gather and remember the life and legacy of a loving husband and devoted father."

Funeral services will be held Thursday, June 22nd at 11 A.M. at the Rocky Mount United Methodist Church in Rocky Mount, VA (540-483-5338). The family has asked, if anyone wishes to send contributions, that they give to their own favorite charity or charities as the Helms supported numerous causes.

Helms is survived by his wife, Edith, to whom he was married for 63 years, and their four children, Cheryl, Judith, Lynn, and Larry.

Anyone wishing to send sympathies to the family may do so at 200 W. Walnut Ln, Philadelphia, PA 19144.

Andrew C. Jayne American Baptist Churches, USA Mission Resource Development http://www.abc-usa.org/