From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Ottawa University Names New President

From "Jayne, Andy" <Ajayne@ABC-USA.org>
Date Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:55:49 -0400

VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS)- Dr. Fred Snow has stepped into the president's office at American Baptist-related Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas for the upcoming year .

Dr. Snow served at Norwich University in Vermont for the past ten years as vice president, dean of online graduate programs, dean of distance education and new business initiatives, director of the MBA program, and tenured associate professor. As proven out in his work at Norwich, Snow brings well-honed leadership and organizational skills to Ottawa University.

"We believe Dr. Snow is a strong leader who will drive the expansion of our educational programs while being devoted to academic quality. He is a person of faith who will demonstrate strong Christian values in his leadership of the University," said Patricia Wolf, chair of the Board of Trustees and chair of the Presidential Search Committee.

Dr. Snow assumed duties as president on July 1. He and his wife, Gloria, will be moving to Ottawa, along with their daughter, Lacie, who will enroll at Ottawa University next fall. Their son, Brad, will remain at Norwich University where he is a sophomore.

"With the tremendous dedication and hard work of those within the Ottawa University organization, a fine table has been set. We will now leverage the past successes into a significant strengthening, improvement, and expansion of this organization," stated Dr. Snow. "I am pleased to be a part of this hard working and dedicated team. I am humbled that they have asked me to lead them, and I am excited about our opportunities."

Founded in 1865, Ottawa University is a comprehensive, nonprofit educational institution affiliated with the American Baptist Churches USA. Ottawa's educational mission encompasses a residential campus in Ottawa, Kan., and adult campuses in Overland Park, Kan.; Kansas City, Mis.; Phoenix, Mesa and Tempe, Ariz.; Milwaukee, Wis.; and Jeffersonville, Ind.; as well as multiple international instructional sites.

For a full listing of American Baptist-related colleges and universities, visit http://www.nationalministries.org/education/colleges_and_universities.cfm .

Andrew C. Jayne American Baptist Churches, USA Mission Resource Development http://www.abc-usa.org/