From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Multimedia: Presiding Bishop's message for the fifth anniversary of 9/11

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Fri, 8 Sep 2006 19:48:30 -0400

Episcopal News Service Friday, September 8, 2006

Multimedia: Presiding Bishop's message for the fifth anniversary of 9/11

[ENS] As the fifth anniversary of the tragic events of 9/11 approaches, Presiding Bishop Frank T. Griswold calls on all people to commit to "a future in which the events of that day will not be repeated."

In a video statement, also available as audio or podcast, Griswold says: "I can think of no better way to observe the passage of five years since the horrific events of September 11, 2001 than to commit ourselves, individually, as a church, and as a nation to looking for new ways to pursue healing and restoration in the world God so loves."

Griswold also upholds the United Nations' Millennium Development Goals as giving the governments of the world a clear and workable plan for addressing "the vast disparity between the wealth of nations ... and the extreme poverty of nearly half of the world's people."

Video and Audio streams of Griswold's statement are available at: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_59911_ENG_HTM.htm

For information about ENS podcasts, visit:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_70390_ENG_HTM.htm

Full text in English: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_77651_ENG_HTM.htm

En Español: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_77658_ENG_HTM.htm

- - - - -