From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Teaching: Theological education website launches redesign / Catalyst: Simply Christian

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:43:11 -0400

NewsLink, Serving the Episcopal Church

Daybook -- Today is Tuesday, September 12, 2006. The Church calendar remembers Theodore of Tarsus, Archbishop of Canterbury, (602-690)

* Today in Scripture: Daily Office meditation http://eds.libsyn.com * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1981, Armando Roman Guerra was elected Episcopal Bishop of Guatemala. http://www.episcopalarchives.org/cgi-bin/ENS/ENSpress_release.pl?pr_number=81248

- - -

Tuesday Teaching: Theological education website launches redesign

By Daphne Mack

[ENS] Visitors to the Office of Ministry Development's theological education website -- http://www.TEforAll.org -- will now find it newly redesigned with expanded content and easier navigation.

The website's new look brings ease to finding an expanded selection of annotated links and downloadable resources to help visitors explore spirituality and the Christian faith.

"We wanted to make the site easier to use, enrich the content, and increase the number of links, articles and downloadable resources on the site," said the Rev. Lynne A. Grifo, associate coordinator in the Office of Ministry Development.

First launched in 2002, http://www.TEforAll.org was part of a larger project funded by the Lilly Foundation called "Theological Education: A Renewed Vision of Learning." At that time, the website was used to tell the church about the project and offered resources for education and links to the 11 accredited Episcopal seminaries and their programs.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_77896_ENG_HTM.htm

_ _ _

Catalyst: "Simply Christian: Why Christianity Makes Sense" from HarperCollins Publishers, by N. T. Wright, 240 pages, hardcover, $22.95

[Source: HarperCollins Publishers] -- Why do we expect justice? Why do we crave spirituality? Why are we attracted to beauty? Why are relationships often so painful? And how will the world be made right? These are not simply perennial questions all generations must struggle with, but, according to N. T. Wright, are the very echoes of a voice we dimly perceive but deeply long to hear. In fact, these questions take us to the heart of who God is and what He wants from us.

For two thousand years, Christianity has claimed to solve these mysteries, and this renowned biblical scholar and Anglican bishop shows that it still can today. Not since C. S. Lewis's classic summary of the faith, Mere Christianity, has such a wise and thorough scholar taken the time to explain to anyone who wants to know what Christianity really is and how it is practiced. Wright makes the case for Christian faith from the ground up, assuming that the reader has no knowledge of (and perhaps even some aversion to) religion in general and Christianity in particular.

Simply Christian walks the reader through the Christian faith step by step and question by question. With simple yet exciting and accessible prose, Wright challenges skeptics by offering explanations for even the toughest doubt-filled dilemmas, leaving believers with a reason for renewed faith. For anyone who wants to travel beyond the controversies that can obscure what the Christian faith really stands for, this simple book is the perfect vehicle for that journey.

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800.903.5544.