From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] TEAM mission conference to welcome Rowan Williams as keynote speaker

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:12:09 -0400

Episcopal News Service Tuesday, September 26, 2006

TEAM mission conference to welcome Rowan Williams as keynote speaker

Millennium Development Goals is focus of 2007 South African gathering

[ENS] Enhancing current initiatives in social outreach work to achieve the United Nations' Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) will be the focus of a March 7-14, 2007, international conference, titled "Towards Effective Anglican Mission" (TEAM), that will bring together representatives from the worldwide Anglican Communion, including as keynote speaker the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams.

Hosted by the Anglican Church of Southern Africa -- one of the 38 provinces of the Anglican Communion -- and held at the Birchwood Conference Centre in Boksburg, Gauteng, South Africa, the conference will follow up on the first Pan-African Anglican Consultation on HIV and AIDS (Boksburg 1), which was held in August 2001.

"International Development is not something that stands isolated from mission, but is integral to it," Williams said. "The TEAM meeting represents the best opportunity Anglicans will have in the coming year to put the extraordinary human resources of our Communion at the service of the most vulnerable in our world and our own local communities."

The TEAM Steering Committee outlined seven objectives for the conference, which include the sharing of the African experience with others in the Anglican Communion, critically reviewing the response of the Anglican Communion to the MDGs, and encouraging others to collaborate further toward achieving the goals.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_78109_ENG_HTM.htm