From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: American Baptists Extend Sympathy to Amish Community

From "Jayne, Andy" <Ajayne@ABC-USA.org>
Date Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:51:44 -0400

VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 10/4/06)-The American Baptist Churches USA extend their sincerest Christian sympathy to our Amish brothers and sisters in Lancaster County, PA, in their time of mourning and sorrow in the aftermath of the shootings at the one-room school house on October 2, 2006.

We ache that such senseless and terrible violence has been visited upon the most innocent and upon a Christian community that has foresworn violence as they follow Christ.

May the Holy Spirit sustain and comfort them, the love of God strengthen them, and the presence of Christ give them grace greater than their grief and pain.

Andrew C. Jayne American Baptist Churches, USA Mission Resource Development http://www.abc-usa.org/