From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Bonnie Anderson urges 'new way' for deputies / Catalyst: eucharist with a small 'e'

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:45:33 -0400

NewsLink, Serving the Episcopal Church

Daybook -- Today is Friday, October 20, 2006.

* Today in Scripture: Daily Office meditation: http://www.forwardmovement.org/todaysreading.cfm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1988, the Churchwomen's League for Patriotic Service honored the Rt. Rev. Charles L. Burgreen, Episcopal Bishop for the Armed Forces. http://www.episcopalarchives.org/cgi-bin/ENS/ENSpress_release.pl?pr_numbe r=88245

- - -

Diocesan Digest

BETHELEHEM: Convention celebrates growth, looks forward to 'New Hope' http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_78822_ENG_HTM.htm

EL CAMINO REAL: Search begins for nominees of third bishop http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_78823_ENG_HTM.htm

NORTHERN MICHIGAN: Convention tempers B033, celebrates unique ministries http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_78824_ENG_HTM.htm

RIO GRANDE: Convocation tackles Communion issues http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_78811_ENG_HTM.htm

TENNESSEE: Two nominees withdraw from bishop slate http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_78821_ENG_HTM.htm

- - -

World Report

BURUNDI: Statement on the Anglican Communion

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_78801_ENG_HTM.htm

- - -

Anderson urges 'new way' for deputies

House of Deputies president issues statement on Council of Advice meeting

[ENS] -- In a statement issued by House of Deputies President Bonnie Anderson at the conclusion of the first meeting of her Council of Advice October 17, she urged the House of Deputies to "begin to see itself in a new way."

"Some may perceive their role as deputy to be finished once the gavel goes down at the close of General Convention," she said. "In fact, deputies have responsibilities which extend beyond that time."

The complete text of Anderson's statement is available at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_78818_ENG_HTM.htm

_ _ _

Catalyst: "eucharist with a small 'e'" from Orbis Books, by Miriam Therese Winter, 158 pages, paperback, $15

[Source: Orbis Books] -- "Imagine a spirituality rooted in doing what Jesus did," writes Miriam Therese Winter, "one that adds a sacramental dimension to our everyday lives." eucharist with a small "e" empowers us to continue what Jesus began, to identify with those who hunger and thirst, are sick or in prison, and to fill their needs because, in truth, we are all one.

"This book -- small and rich -- should go a long way in helping people realize the Eucharistic aspect of the whole of life." - Bernard Cooke, College of the Holy Cross

Miriam Therese Winter is professor of liturgy, worship, and spirituality at Hartford Seminary in Connecticut. A Medical Mission Sister who has served on four continents, she has recorded a dozen music albums, including the classic Joy is Like the Rain. She is author of several award-winning books, including The Gospel According to Mary, The Chronicle of Noah and Her Sisters, and The Singer and the Song.

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800-903-5544.