From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Bishops' spouses answer call to service in New Orleans, encourage others

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:02:59 -0400

Episcopal News Service October 26, 2006

Bishops' spouses answer call to service in New Orleans, encourage others

By Ben Jenkins

[ENS] In post-Katrina New Orleans, recovery efforts are sluggish and many people are still homeless. Volunteers are as important now as ever.

Ten women from across the country heeded the call and arrived on October 10 for a five-day mission visit to New Orleans. It just so happened that these volunteers are married to Episcopal bishops.

While in town, the women focused on three programs that the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana (http://www.edola.org) and its Office of Disaster Response (ODR) (http://www.edola.org/odr_contact_us.php) have implemented to help the city in its recovery.

Full story and photograph:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_79027_ENG_HTM.htm