From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Texas Lutheran University receives pledge for $1 million in stock value

From <NEWS@ELCA.ORG>
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:30:31 -0600

ELCA News Blog

October 30, 2006

Texas Lutheran University receives pledge for $1 million in stock value

by Melissa Ramirez Cooper, ELCA News Service

Texas Lutheran University (TLU), Seguin, Texas, received a pledge of $1 million in stock value from Lee D. Mueller Jr. and Barbara Frenzel Mueller, LaGrange, Texas. TLU is one of 28 colleges and universities of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). The gift will be used to expand TLU's AT&T Science Facility, which will be completed in 2007. The expansion will include a 3,000 square-foot floor that will house a lab and classrooms for pre-engineering and physics classes.

"We are excited and pleased to receive this wonderful pledge, and we thank the Muellers for their generosity," said Dr. Jon N. Moline, TLU president. "This is a testament to our ongoing commitment to prepare our students academically, spiritually and socially in a community of faith and learning," he said.

Lee Mueller earned a bachelor's degree from TLU in 1958. He earned a degree in theology from the Evangelical Lutheran Theological Seminary (now Trinity Lutheran Seminary), Columbus, Ohio, and served as a minister for several years. Trinity is one of eight seminaries of the ELCA. Barbara Mueller attended TLU and became a teacher and counselor, serving 33 years in education. Since 1963 the Mueller family has owned and operated Live Oaks Farms, a registered Angus cattle ranch in Fayette County, Texas. For information contact: John Brooks, Director (773) 380-2958 or news@elca.org http://www.elca.org/news ELCA News Blog: http://www.elca.org/news/blog