From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Green Lake Conference Center Board Votes To Enter Into Land Contract With Lindenwood Develop

From "Jayne, Andy" <Ajayne@ABC-USA.org>
Date Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:26:19 -0500

GREEN LAKE, WI (ABNS 12/06/06)―The Green Lake Conference Center (GLCC) Board of Directors, during their December 1-3, 2006 meeting, voted to enter into a land contract with Lindenwood Development LLC of Neenah, WI to create the Estates of Lawsonia located on the grounds of Green Lake Conference Center. Comprising approximately 35 acres, the Estates of Lawsonia-Phase One includes 48 lots.

Two additional phases could be approved by the Board of Directors at a later date creating a total of 179 lots in the Estates of Lawsonia. The 35 acres (48 lots) in Phase One are located on the east side of the 1,000 plus acre property, nestled within the Woodlands Course of Lawsonia. The Estates of Lawsonia will not affect the core conference center property. Teska Associates of Evanston, Illinois, known for their environmentally sensitive communities, has worked closely with the Board of Directors in the development of a land-utilization plan.

Proceeds from the sale of the property to Lindenwood Development LLC will be used to: (1) address existing debt; (2) provide operating reserves; and (3) form a permanent endowment fund. The Board of Directors, in forming the permanent endowment fund, is committed to ensuring these funds remain in perpetuity for supporting ongoing Kingdom ministry.

In part, earnings from the permanent endowment fund will allow GLCC to award scholarships to professional church leaders, congregational lay leaders, and youth to attend cutting-edge equipping/training conferences held at the GLCC. The conference center is committed to partnering with congregations as they seek to be vital, vibrant, healthy missional churches engaging their communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ in the new millennium.

GLCC has historic ties to the American Baptist Churches USA and enjoys the involvement of the wider Christian church.

GLCC Board Chair, the Reverend Dr. Michael Williams stated, "Our passion and purpose is to do our part in building the Kingdom of God. We want to do whatever it takes to partner with existing churches in order to help them maximize their God-inspired Kingdom potential. We also want to assist in assessing and equipping church planters for new church planting across the US."

Andrew C. Jayne American Baptist Churches, USA Mission Resource Development http://www.abc-usa.org/