From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ELCA Board of Pensions launches new Web site design

From <NEWS@ELCA.ORG>
Date Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:01:32 -0600

ELCA News Blog

December 6, 2006

ELCA Board of Pensions launches new Web site design

by John R. Brooks, ELCA News Service*

The Board of Pensions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), Minneapolis, launched its "next generation" Web site Dec. 4, enhancing members' and sponsoring organizations' access to ELCA benefits resources online. Through a new design and technology, the site offers members and sponsoring organizations more information about their ELCA health, retirement and other benefits now and in the coming months and years, according to the Board's news release.

ELCA Board of Pensions: https://www.ELCAbop.org

"The site is a new beginning to provide more online services in our promise to be faithful to the well-being of those we serve," said John G. Kapanke, president, ELCA Board of Pensions. Features of the new site include registration and sign-in which allows plan members to view personalized benefits information. Sponsoring organizations will have similar access in the future. Other features are safeguards to ensure security and privacy of benefits information; easy access to popular forms and calculators; in-depth benefits administration information for administrators and treasurers; an enhanced search function; and a design for easy navigation.

The site has three new sections designed to help people lead healthy lives and achieve financial security: + "Live well" helps guide members toward living a well-balanced, healthy life based on the multidimensional aspects of the "Wholeness Wheel." + "Plan for my future" helps members make decisions about saving, investing and planning at different life stages. + "Manage my life changes" guides members through the process of changing benefits based on specific life changing events.

*Information was provided by Kami Lund, ELCA Board of Pensions, Minneapolis. For information contact: John Brooks, Director (773) 380-2958 or news@elca.org http://www.elca.org/news ELCA News Blog: http://www.elca.org/news/blog