From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

ABCUSA: Judson Press Staff Transitions Bolster Development And Distribution Of Discipleship And Mini

From "Jayne, Andy" <Ajayne@ABC-USA.org>
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:23:08 -0500

VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 12/19/06)-Judson Press

<http://www.judsonpress.com/> , National Ministries' publishing arm, announces staff transitions that will strengthen its mission of developing and distributing Christ-centered leadership resources for the transformation of persons, congregations, communities and cultures.

Rebecca Irwin-Diehl, recently named editor, will be responsible for developing new book ideas and acquiring new authors. Irwin-Diehl has worked in various publishing capacities since earning her undergraduate degree in English writing, including a previous tenure with Judson Press as managing editor. She holds a master's degree in theological studies, which gives her a sense of special preparation for Christian publishing. "I'm excited about seeing increased synergy between National Ministries' vision of 'Transforming Leadership, Transforming Lives' and Judson's longstanding commitment to equipping pastors and lay leaders to effect personal and congregational change-in the church and in the world, " says Irwin-Diehl.

Cassandra "Casey" Williams, previously managing editor at Judson Press, has been named national coordinator for Discipleship Resource Development at National Ministries. In her new role, Williams identifies, reviews and develops resources for discipleship/education endeavors of American Baptist congregations. A former pastor, Williams, who holds an Ed.D. in Christian education, brings to her work extensive education and experience as well as passion for the ministry of local churches. "Our job at the national level is to support local churches as they develop mature followers of Christ," says Williams. "My desire is to identify, develop and provide resources that are both practical and reflective of excellence in scholarship."

Frank Seawright will join Judson Press in January as product manager, responsible for launching new products, utilizing events and exhibits, along with early sales to distributors, chains and national bookstores. With close to two decades of experience in various business development and advertising positions at the New York Times, Seawright is a seasoned professional in sales, as well as new product promotion. Currently a graduate student at Westminster Theology Seminary, Seawright holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration from LaSalle University in Philadelphia and a certificate in editing from Philadelphia's Temple University. "After balancing work in corporate America with ministry life for so many years," says Seawright, "I am extremely excited at the opportunity of functioning fulltime in ministry-related business with Judson Press."

Judson Press Publisher Laura Alden says, "I'm privileged to work with a gifted group of committed Christians in publishing ministries. A core motivation for us is to offer quality resources that uphold and advance the Baptist heritage and faith perspective."

Andrew C. Jayne American Baptist Churches, USA Mission Resource Development http://www.abc-usa.org/