From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Presiding Bishop's Council of Advice meets, elects MacPherson as chair

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org> (by way of Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>)
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 14:03:15 -0800

Episcopal News Service December 19, 2006

Presiding Bishop's Council of Advice meets, elects MacPherson as chair

Western Louisiana bishop among representatives from each Church Province

[ENS] Bishop D. Bruce MacPherson of the Diocese of Western Louisiana was elected to chair the Presiding Bishop's Council of Advice when its members met December 4-6 in Weehawken, New Jersey.

Formed of bishops who are presidents or vice-presidents of the Episcopal Church's nine geographic Provinces, the Council of Advice serves in a consultative role of conferring with the Presiding Bishop. The Council is not a decision-making body.

In addition to Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori, bishops attending were Lloyd Allen (Honduras, Province IX), Harry Bainbridge (Idaho, Province VIII), George Councell (New Jersey, Province II), James Curry (Connecticut, Province I), Clifton Daniel (East Carolina, Province IV), Wendell Gibbs (Michigan, Province V), Robert Ihloff (Maryland, Province III), James Jelinek (Minnesota, Province VI), Richard Chang (Hawai'i, Vice-President of the House of Bishops), F. Clayton Matthews (Office of Pastoral Development), and MacPherson (Western Louisiana, Province VII).

Full story and photograph:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_80633_ENG_HTM.htm