From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin January 5, 2007

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 14:13:26 -0800

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA 8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021 Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215 Web: http://www.goarch.org Email: communications@goarch.org

Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-Bulletin January 5, 2007

This is the weekly edition of the GOA E-Bulletin. For more information just click on the links below to go to the topics of interest to you.

If the link does not work from your email, copy the link and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.

FEAST OF THE THEOPHANY: The Feast of the Theophany of our Lord is commemorated on January 6. Visit this special site for readings, the icon of the feast, hymns, and more.

http://www.goarch.org/en/special/listen_learn_share/epiphany/learn/

EPIPHANY: FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS: This one-hour production presents the timeless truths of Orthodox Christianity as it tells the story of the celebration of Epiphany in Tarpon Springs, reaches back in time with an overview of Orthodox faith and traditions, and seeks to foster an understanding of the true personal and universal meaning of Epiphany. To view this video online visit

http://www.goarch.org/en/multimedia/video/

IONIAN VILLAGE ACCEPTING STAFF APPLICATIONS: Ionian Village, the travel abroad camping program of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, is now accepting volunteer staff applications for the summer of 2007. Ionian Village staff members have a unique opportunity to play an important role in the spiritual, cultural and social development of Greek Orthodox teens from all over the United States of America as they travel the most significant religious and cultural sites in Greece. Destinations include the Islands of Zakynthos and Kefalonia, Meteora, Ancient Olympia, and the Acropolis. Applicants can download and print a staff application form from our website at

http://www.ionianvillage.org/staff.html#apply

NATIONAL ORTHODOX RADIO PROGRAM: Come Receive The Light (CRTL) program for the week of 01/06/2007 will be "Beauty in the Orthodox Christian Home" with Matushka Jenny Shroedel as our guest. Programs are subject to change; please visit our web site for more information on CRTL programs, featured segments, and to subscribe to our e-newsletter.

http://www.receive.org

2007 CALENDARS AVAILABLE: The full-color twelve month wall calendars produced by the Dept. of Communications are now available. Individual calendars are $5 or $4 for orders of three or more. To order call 212-774-0244. To preview the calendar and its features visit the calendar website at

http://www.goarch.org/en/archdiocese/departments/communications/parishcalend ars/index.asp

ORTHODOX OBSERVER ­ DECEMBER ISSUE: The latest issue of the Orthodox Observer is online. Read about current and upcoming events and browse back issues on the Observer website at

http://www.goarch.org/en/news/observer/

WEBSITE ON PATRIARCHAL RECEPTION OF POPE BENEDICT XVI: On November 29-30 His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew received Pope Benedict XVI at the Ecumenical Patriarchate in Istanbul. For information and news on this historic event, related multimedia, press information, and more visit the official Patriarchal website at

http://www.patriarchate.org/

THE ECUMENICAL PATRIARCHATE CD-ROM: In light of the recent historic visit of Pope Benedict XVI of Rome with Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, it is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the Ecumenical Patriarchate! The Department of Religious Education offers an interactive, educational CD-ROM that takes the user on a journey of the liturgical, theological, and political role of the Ecumenical Patriarchate throughout the history of Christendom. It includes a virtual reality tour of the Patriarchate, Halki, Patriarchal treasures, a timeline of two millennia of Patriarchal history with animations and video clips. The CD-ROM contains over 50 articles on the Patriarchate and biographical information about every Patriarch. In honor of this historic visit, the Department of Religious Education is offering the CD-ROM at a 35% discount of $24.95! To order, please call 800-566-1088.