From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Second Camp Allen meeting described as time of 'listening to one another'

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:51:34 -0500

Episcopal News Service January 8, 2007

Second Camp Allen meeting described as time of 'listening to one another'

By Mary Frances Schjonberg

[ENS] The bishop who hosted a second meeting of some of the self-identified "Windsor Bishops" January 3-5 at Camp Allen Conference and Retreat Center, northwest of Houston, Texas, issued a statement January 7 saying the group "did a great deal of listening to one another about the situations that face our diverse dioceses, provinces and Communion."

Texas Bishop Don Wimberly said in the statement emailed to Episcopal News Service that the meeting "provided a further opportunity for a group of bishops to sit, pray and listen together about issues facing the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion."

His statement confirmed that West Indies Archbishop Drexel Gomez, chair of Archbishop Rowan Williams' Covenant Design Group, and Tanzania Archbishop Donald Mtetemela met with the bishops.

"Archbishop Gomez spoke to us about the development process for the proposed covenant. Archbishop Mtetemela spoke to us about the upcoming primates meeting in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania," Wimberly said.

Tanzania is due to host the February meeting of the Primates of the Anglican Communion, including Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori, in Dar Es Salaam.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_81031_ENG_HTM.htm