From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] World Mission Sunday 2007 to celebrate ministry of young people / Catalyst: And the Word was H

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:03:20 -0500

NewsLink, Serving the Episcopal Church

Daybook -- Today is Monday, January 22, 2007, in Epiphany. The Church calendar remembers Vincent, deacon of Saragossa and martyr (304).

* Today in Scripture: Daily Office meditation: http://www.forwardmovement.org/todaysreading.cfm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1902, Alexander Hamilton Vinton was elected the first bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Western Massachusetts. http://www.diocesewma.org/about/history.html

- - -

World Report

AFRICA: Tutu warns ahead of World Social Forum, war on terror cannot ignore poverty http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_81306_ENG_HTM.htm

ENGLAND: Archbishops welcome British Airways uniform policy review http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_81352_ENG_HTM.htm

ENGLAND: Church seeks ambassador for sport

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_81280_ENG_HTM.htm

- - -

World Mission Sunday 2007 to celebrate ministry of young people

[ENS] World Mission Sunday 2007 will be observed on February 18 and will celebrate the ministry of young people in global mission with the theme "Proclaim God's Wondrous Deeds." Through Young Adult Service Corps (YASC), mission trips, pilgrimages, and other mission efforts, young Episcopalians in the United States and serving in overseas dioceses are finding unique ways to offer their energy and talent to the church and the world.

"World Mission Sunday is the perfect occasion to learn how the young people in our individual congregations and dioceses are serving -- and can serve -- the mission of the Gospel," said Mary Brennan, World Mission Education Officer. "It's also a chance to honor the parents, youth workers, church school teachers, and other mentors who encourage our next generations of church leaders to be active in world mission."

This year's World Mission Sunday poster, mailed to parishes and dioceses in early January, reflects the enthusiasm and vitality of young people doing God's work in the world, Brennan explained. The World Mission Sunday website, http://www.episcopalchurch.org/agr/wmsunday, offers printable versions of the poster, bulletin shells and inserts, resource material, and ideas on how to celebrate the service of young people. Weblogs of individual Young Adult Service Corps volunteers and other mission efforts are featured on the site, offering first-hand accounts of young Episcopalians in global mission.

Full story and poster: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_81375_ENG_HTM.htm

- - -

Catalyst: "And the Word was Hip Hop" from Church Publishing, Inc., by various artists throughout North America, CD, c. 2007, $15

[Source: Church Publishing, Inc.] -- After coverage on CNN, ABC, Fox, NPR, and many more, the music of the HipHopEMass is finally available in a CD. With more than 60 minutes across 14 all-original album cuts, And the Word Was Hip Hop is designed for both the person hoping to learn more about this powerful form of ministry and for the everyday hip hop fan. Perfect for gift giving, youth groups, and outreach programs, the CD is designed to follow the order of a traditional Eucharistic service. If you already own The Hip Hop Prayer Book, the CD will match up with the services contained within, though both stand on their own.

And the Word Was Hip Hop was created by the rappers and producers who have been the backbone of the HipHopEMass over its first two years and includes contributions from the Bronx, Brooklyn, Atlanta, Toronto, and more.

Track List:

1.  Unbelievable - The Remnant 2.  I am Hip Hop - D. Cross 3.  God is in the House -D. Cross, Glory w/ The Redeemed 4.  One Mic, One Life, One Love - D.O. 5.  Heaven - Missionary Men 6.  In the Beginning - D.O. w/ The Redeemed 7.  John 1:1-14 - Poppa T (Reverend Timothy Holder) 8.  Deep Down in my Soul - Glory w/ The Redeemed 9.  Signs - D.O. 10. Redeemed of the Lord - D. Cross, Glory, D.O. w/ The Redeemed 11. Happiness - Missionary Men 12. God is Love - D.O. w/ The Redeemed 13. Grace, Hope, and Faith - D. Cross 14. I am Hip Hop Redux - D. Cross

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800-903-5544.