From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[GOAA] Yearbook of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America available online February 1st

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:23:35 -0800

GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA 8-10 East 79th St. New York, NY 10021 Tel: (212) 570-3530 Fax: (212) 774-0215 Web: http://www.goarch.org Email: communications@goarch.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 31, 2007

Contact: Nikki Stephanopoulos

2007 ARCHDIOCESAN YEARBOOK AVAILABLE ONLINE FEB. 1st

New York -- The 2007 Yearbook of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America will be available online, February 1st at yearbook.goarch.org. Copies will be available by mail beginning February 9th, 2007.

In his prologue, Archbishop Demetrios, referring to the decision of the 38th Biennial Clergy Laity Congress in Nashville, said that â??we decided as clergy and laity to define the Year 2007 as a â??Year of Educationâ?? for our Church. This is very important because there are many issues facing our communities, our nation, and our world that require our closer familiarization and attention. These issues include the realities of extreme poverty, the state of our health, the condition of our natural environment, and sensitive matters pertaining to advances in technology and the ethical issues associated with these advancesâ??.

Designed as an easy-to-read, accurate reference handbook of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, the 278-page new edition includes: an Archdiocese events schedule, updated directories of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, Archdiocesan departments and institutions, parishes, priests, religious and secular media resources as well as sexual misconduct policy guidelines. Featured are the commemoration of the 40th Anniversary of the Episcopacy of Archbishop Demetrios, and an 8-page color spread of activities and major events, including the Clergy-Laity Congress, visit of the Pope to the Ecumenical Patriarchate and visits of Archbishop Demetrios to Cyprus and the Ionian Village.

Limited prepaid copies may be obtained by calling (212) 774-0244 or sending a check/money order or credit card information for $18 (plus $5.00 S/H) payable to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Attn: Yearbook 8 East 79th Street, NY, NY 10021

A REMINDER: EACH PARISH WILL RECEIVE TWO COPIES

For more information: Call: (212) 774-0244 Fax :( 212) 774-0589