From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ACNS] Anglican Primates Meeting Communiqué and Draft Covenant Text

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:46:21 -0800

ACNS 4257 | ACO | 22 FEBRUARY 2007

Primates Meeting Communiqué and Draft Covenant Text

The Spanish and French translation of the Communiqué and the Draft Covenant are being created now and will be available soon from the following links:

Primates Meeting 2007 Communiqué.

http://www.aco.org/primates/downloads/index.cfm

Anglican Draft Covenant.

http://www.aco.org/commission/d_covenant/downloads.cfm

Primates Meeting Photo Library

A limited number of photos were taken during the Primates Meeting. You may view what is available at the following link on the Primates Meeting page of our website. http://www.aco.org/primates/2007/photos.cfm

Prayers used at the Primates Meeting.

A Prayer for Tanzania

Almighty God we give you thanks for bringing us here together to this beautiful Island of Zanzibar. We give you thanks for people of Tanzania. We bless you for the wonders of your creation in this country. We thank you Lord for the beauty of the mountains, the seas, the lakes and rivers, the animals and the birds, flowers and all the natural beauty which you have bestowed upon Tanzania. Above all Lord, we give you thanks for the measure of peace, harmony and tranquility which is found in this land. And now Father we are gathered here to pray for this nation and its people. We ask your blessings upon the rulers of this nation, and especially we remember the President of the United Republic of Tanzania, His Excellency President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, and the President of Zanzibar, His Excellency Amani Abeid Karume. We ask you Lord that you would give them and all those who are in authority, wisdom, courage and hope so that they may govern this nation in justice and truth.

We give you thanks O Lord, for the life and witness of the Anglican Church of Tanzania and especially Donald, archbishop. We thank you for its mission of sharing the good news of salvation and its commitment to serving those who are suffering and the needy. We pray for all the bishops and ministers of your Church and ask you to . sustain them with your mighty power as they seek to serve you and your people in unity and love. Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Prayer for Commemoration, Reparation and Hope Amazing Grace Sunday

O God of our Fathers, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; in your infinite love you created us in your own image gave us freedom to choose to love you or to turn away from that love. As a result of our sin, human beings have caused evil upon each other throughout history. Thus, Lord, or the past, we ask forgiveness, for the present, mercy and for the future, humility.

Gracious Father, as we stand here at the very spot where this evil was carried out. We come into your presence with sorrow and painful memories of other such places around the world where your people were victims of violence and greed.

Compassionate God, in the midst of the tears and trials of our own generation, grant us that we may be prophetic in the midst of violence, oppression and hatred. Grant us that we may find hope in times of bondage and fear. We especially give you thanks for all those who prophetically spoke against the evil of slavery until its abolition Help us Lord to move from crucifixion and to the hope of resurrection which your son gave us by rising from the dead for he now lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever - Amen.

(Joining with Christians all over the world who on this day join in thanksgiving for the abolition of slavery, we sing the hymn Amazing Grace)

Prayer for the Anglican Communion

Used at the Zanzibar Mass and Installation of Dr Hellen Wangusa as Anglican Observer at the United Nations

Open our hearts O Lord and kindle in us the fire of your love. Renew in us a zeal for justice, peace and the welfare of all God's creation. Bless all who work in the structures of the United Nations around the world, and make us all worthy of our calling to serve others.

May our own Anglican Communion of churches shine as a beacon of hope and faith in this our broken world and may we all, in our own vocation and ministry, empower others to be instruments of blessing in the nations we represent.

This we pray in the name of the crucified and risen Saviour, Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.

ACNS would appreciate being informed of how this meeting was covered by the press in your area. Please send such information to suminder.duggal@aco.org with texts or links.

ENDS.

___________________________________________________________________ ACNSlist, published by Anglican Communion News Service, London, is distributed to more than 8,000 journalists and other readers around the world.

For subscription INFORMATION please go to: