From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Parish bulletin inserts offered in new formats

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:52:55 -0500

Episcopal News Service March 13, 2007

Parish bulletin inserts offered in new formats

New online news site will debut March 22

[ENS] New online and weekly print editions of Episcopal Life, the award-winning churchwide newspaper, are set to bring "more news to the pews."

"Episcopal Life This Week," the popular series of weekly inserts for parish bulletins and leaflets, is now available in four-color format for laser-printer output, which can also be photocopied in color or black and white.

Beginning with March 18 editions highlighting the work of the international Anglican "TEAM" conference, the new inserts are offered in two sizes.

Half page:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/documents/eLife_insert_halfpage_ENG.pdf

Full page:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/documents/eLife_insert_fullpage_ENG.pdf

Insert themes for weeks ahead include:

March 25 -- Peacemaking, chaplains' ministry in Iraq as war enters fifth year

April 1 -- Palm Sunday, Good Friday Offering, Middle East Anglicans

April 8 -- Easter message from the Presiding Bishop

Bulletin inserts in Spanish will resume March 25.

In other news, the paper has set March 22 for the launch of its new web edition, Episcopal Life Online.

URL links to the site will be made active, and announced via e-mail, when the site goes live on March 22.

Like the websites of metropolitan and local papers, Episcopal Life Online will offer breaking news and features posted several times daily.

"We see these updates as a great service to our readers," said Episcopal Life editor Jerry Hames.

The site allows staff to provide reports "in real time," said online editor Matthew Davies.

Digital video reports are also part of the new format, Davies said.

The new projects are part of increasing collaboration between the newspaper and the Episcopal News Service, said Canon Robert Williams, the Episcopal Church's director of communication. "Technological advances help us better serve our readers," he said. "Thus, it's becoming much easier to bring more news to the pews."