From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ENS] Presiding Bishop commends Christian Peace Witness for Iraq

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:53:47 -0500

Episcopal News Service March 13, 2007

Presiding Bishop commends Christian Peace Witness for Iraq

March 16 services set for National Cathedral, local communities to mark war's fourth year

[ENS] With the nation about to mark the Iraq war's fourth year, Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori is asking Episcopalians churchwide to join in affirming the work of the Christian Peace Witness for Iraq, and its March 16 services planned for Washington, D.C.

Ongoing Peace Witness initiatives include prayer and fasting, study of the Bible and the practice of non-violence, and the creation of weekly witness events in local communities.

The organization plans two March 16 Peace Witness services, one at Washington National Cathedral, and another at Washington D.C.'s New York Avenue Presbyterian Church.

Full story:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/3577_83510_ENG_HTM.htm