From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[UCC] UCC Produces "Joy Dawned Again" Easter Special for ABC Television

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:24:54 -0700

UCC Produces "Joy Dawned Again" Easter Special for ABC Television

Joy Dawned Again

An Easter Worship Special on ABC-TV produced by the UCC

Check your local listings for time and channel

To celebrate our 50th anniversary, the United Church of Christ has produced "Joy Dawned Again," an Easter special scheduled for broadcast on many ABC affiliates Easter Eve or Easter Sunday. The 60-minute program depicts a joyous worship service with a surprising liturgical twist­a dramatic turn of events that poses thought-provoking questions on how and why we celebrate Easter.

ABC's affiliate stations will decide when the special will be broadcast in their market. Viewers can visit the "Joy Dawned Again" website at www.UCC.org/joydawnedagain for the schedule, which will be posted during Holy Week. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local ABC affiliate and urge the station manager to schedule the program, and please let members of your congregation know about the special through your newsletter and weekly bulletin.

The website will also publish a free study guide to help viewers explore the meaning of Easter­using the TV program as the starting point for reflection. And beginning Easter Sunday, the UCC's virtual community at i.UCC.org (eye-dot-UCC) will host a discussion forum where viewers can discuss the special and their own feelings about Easter with the help of the study guide author, the Rev. David Holden, and one of the program's creators, the Rev. Cliff Aerie.

"Joy Dawned Again" was produced for the ABC-TV network by the United Church of Christ in partnership with the Interfaith Broadcasting Commission. It includes a welcoming message by UCC General Minister and President John Thomas honoring the UCC's 50 years of history.

Study guide and station list www.ucc.org/joydawnedagain

Discussion forum on the meaning of Easter i.UCC.org