From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] Newslink: Interfaith TV special to feature ministry of New York's Holy Apostles parish

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:23:51 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Newslink April 13, 2007

Episcopal Life Online is available at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/elife.

Today's ELO Newslink includes:

* TOP STORY - Interfaith TV special to feature ministry of New York's Holy Apostles parish * DIOCESAN DIGEST - CHICAGO: Bishops respond to Imus' remarks * OPINION - Sports 'shorts' a welcome donation * ARTS - Review: ALL GOD'S CREATURES

_____________________

TOP STORIES

Interfaith TV special to feature ministry of New York's Holy Apostles parish

By Mary Frances Schjonberg

[Episcopal News Service] A weekly arts program that is part of the ministry of Episcopal Church of Holy Apostles in New York City will be featured on "The Arts Within Religion," an upcoming CBS Television interfaith religion special.

The program will be released April 22 to television affiliates across the nation as part of the network's quarterly Religion and Culture series. The program is produced by CBS in cooperation with Interfaith Broadcasting Commission, whose members include the National Council of Churches USA (NCCUSA), the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Islamic Society of North America, the Union for Reform Judaism, and the New York Board of Rabbis.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79901_84902_ENG_HTM.htm

_____________________

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_84887_ENG_HTM.htm

More Diocesan news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_ENG_HTM.htm

_____________________

OPINION

Sports 'shorts' a welcome donation

[Episcopal Life] When Bob Schwoch of St. James Episcopal Church in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, started planning an outing to a Milwaukee Admirals hockey game, a billboard at the arena caught his eye. "Boxer Shorts Night," said the sign at the Bradley Center, just blocks from St. James.

The first 3,500 fans in attendance were to receive a free pair of boxer shorts emblazoned with the Admirals logo.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/80050_84885_ENG_HTM.htm

More Opinion: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/80050_ENG_HTM.htm

ARTS

Review: ALL GOD'S CREATURES The Blessing of Animal Companions

By Sister Mary Winifred

[Episcopal Life] Author of many books of Christian spirituality, Debra Farrington has written a guide for those who want and feel a deep spiritual bond with their companion animals. From the beginning, Farrington eschews the terms "pet" and "owner" in favor of stressing that we humans are companions with the other animals. Author of many books of Christian spirituality, Debra Farrington has written a guide for those who want and feel a deep spiritual bond with their companion animals. From the beginning, Farrington eschews the terms "pet" and "owner" in favor of stressing that we humans are companions with the other animals. Her most important premise is that, by taking an animal into our home, we are establishing a covenant with that animal; and because that covenant is a long-term commitment, Farrington cautions her readers to consider carefully and wisely before entering that path.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81827_84889_ENG_HTM.htm

More Arts: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81827_ENG_HTM.htm