From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] People / In Paris, American Cathedral keeps the feast / Catalyst: Healing God's Creation

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:51:37 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Daybook -- Today is Thursday, April 19 in Easter.

* Today in Scripture:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1823, Anna L. Waring, Welsh Anglican hymn writer, was born in Glamorganshire, South Wales. http://www.episcopalchurch.org/83028_ENG_HTM.htm

_____________________

PEOPLE

In Paris, American Cathedral keeps the feast

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_85092_ENG_HTM.htm

Sally Bingham prioritizes environment in refusal to fly to receive award http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_85081_ENG_HTM.htm

Reginald H. Fuller, former VTS professor, dies at 92 http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_85100_ENG_HTM.htm

Lynn C. Sanders appointed director of Church Relations for ERD http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_85090_ENG_HTM.htm

Caroline Westerhoff to preach on 'Day 1'

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_85089_ENG_HTM.htm

Peter Chen Chung Yu dies at 85

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_85098_ENG_HTM.htm

More People: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_ENG_HTM.htm

Catalyst: "Healing God's Creation" from Morehouse Publishing, compiled by Archdeacon Taimalelagi Fagamalama Tuatagaloa-Matalavea, 208 pages, paperback, c. 2004, $15.95

[Source: Morehouse Publishing] Critical issues facing our planet -- climate change, genetically modified food, water pollution, HIV/AIDS, and ecological justice -- these (and others) are addressed in this collection of presentations from the Global Anglican Congress held in Hartebeesport, South Africa, in August 2002. Religious leaders, scholars, and environmentalists from several countries present data and perspectives meant not only to inform but also to urge us to do much more to preserve the resources of our earth.

The book concludes with three homilies from the Congress, along with twelve Provincial and Country Reports, from four continents, on environmental and economic trends. Photos from the Congress are included.

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800-903-5544.