From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[LCMS Notes] Response to tragedy

From "LCMS e-News" <LCMSENEWS@lcms.org>
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 02:33:50 -0500

4.19.2007 LCMS Notes

THE LUTHERAN CHURCH Missouri Synod

Resources in Response to Tragedy at Virginia Tech

For guidance, prayer, and reflection following the tragedy that occurred at Virginia Tech earlier this week, we offer the following links to information about The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod's response and free resources available from Concordia Publishing House, the publishing arm of the Synod.

LCMS President Dr. Gerald B. Kieschnick issued a statement on Tuesday, April 17, the day after the shootings. Read the statement at http://www.lcms.org/?11687.

Concordia Publishing House has made a number of free Bible studies and other educational resources available at http://www.cph.org/resources/vt.asp.

The free materials available for download include:

* The Puzzle of Pain: Where is God in Human Suffering? * Youth Study: Guns and Teens - But I Need Protection! * Youth Study: Violence - Living in the Age of Rage * When the Mountains Dance * Adult Study on School Violence * Resources on School Violence for Elementary School Teachers

This Edition of "LCMS Notes" e-News is provided by:

Board for Communication Services

Contact Editor

<http://www.lcms.org/enews/contact_editor.asp?title=LCMS%20Notes&editor i d=7>

This LCMS e-News message comes from a "Send Only" mailbox that does not recognize replies. To reply to this message, please click on "Contact Editor" above.

_____