From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] Weeks Ahead / Catalyst: Praying in Color

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 08:52:27 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Daybook -- Today is Wednesday, May 23, 2007, in Easter.

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1533, Thomas Cranmer, Archbishop of Canterbury, declared King Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine of Aragon null and void.

_____________________

WEEKS AHEAD

Full calendar: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_1669_ENG_HTM.htm

Events

5/23/2007

>> BOGOTA, Colombia: Diocese of Colombia to meet in convention >> LOS ANGELES, California: National reconciliation seminar

5/28/2007

>> EAST ELMHURST, New York: Caribbean Anglican Consultation (CAC) Caribbean Clergy Conference

6/1/2007 >> GROSSE POINTE, Michigan: Antique Show

6/3/2007

>> ORKNEY SPRINGS, Virginia: Art and Soul: Nurturing your Spiritual Life through the Creative Arts

6/8/2007

>> SPECULATOR, New York: Diocese of Albany to meet in convention >> HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina: Province IV 16th Annual HIV/AIDS Healing Retreat >> LEWISBURG, Pennsylvania: Diocese of Central Pennsylvania to meet in convention

6/9/2007

>> WASHINGTON, D.C.: Bread for the World Summit - Sowing Seeds: Growing a Movement

6/10/2007

>> HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina: Making Disciples: Healing the World

6/17/2007

>> WASHINGTON, D.C.: Cathedral celebrates the state of Florida

6/22/2007

>> SEATTLE, Washington: Renovate: Episcopal Campus Ministry Conference 2007

6/23/2007

>> WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia: Legacies and Promise conference

6/25/2007

>> WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia: National Network of Episcopal Clergy Association conference

Music

6/1/2007

>> FORT WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania: Celtic Service

6/3/2007

>> SALEM, Oregon: An afternoon of Sacred Jazz

6/7/2007 >> NEW YORK CITY: Music at Holy Trinity

6/9/2007

>> GALVESTON, Texas: Expressions of Praise - A Gospel Revue

Full calendar: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_1669_ENG_HTM.htm

Catalyst: "Praying in Color: Drawing a New Path to God" from Paraclete Press, by Sybil Macbeth, 103 pages, paperback, c. 2007, $16.95

[Source: Paraclete Press] Maybe you love color. Maybe you hunger to know God better. Maybe you are a visual or kinesthetic learner, a distractable or impatient soul, or a word-weary pray-er. Perhaps you struggle with a short attention span, a restless body, or a tendency to live in your head.

This new prayer form can take as little or as much time as you have or want to commit, from 15 minutes to a weekend retreat. "A new prayer form gives God an invitation and a new door to penetrate the locked cells of our hearts and minds," explains Sybil MacBeth. "For many of us, using only words to pray reduces God by the limits of our finite words."

"This is the most invigorating and enabling book about prayer that I have seen in years! Wry, funny, accessible, wise beyond all appearances, and deeply spiritual, MacBeth warms the soul as well as the heart. So will praying in color." -- Phyllis Tickle, compiler, The Divine Hours

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800-903-5544.