From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] People / Catalyst: Not for Sale

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:29:52 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Daybook -- Today is Thursday, June 7, 2007.

* Today in Scripture:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1881, David Pendleton Oakerhater, a Cheyenne warrior, was ordained to the diaconate.

_____________________

PEOPLE

Michael Battle to serve Los Angeles diocese as Cathedral Center provost, canon theologian http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_86590_ENG_HTM.htm

ERD director and representative to lead MDG workshop at NAAD http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_86599_ENG_HTM.htm

John Flack, Anglican Centre in Rome director, to retire in 2008 http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_86602_ENG_HTM.htm

More People: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_ENG_HTM.htm

Catalyst: "Not for Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade -- and How We Can Fight It" from HarperCollins Publishers, by David Batstone, 298 pages, paperback, c. 2007, $14.95

[Source: HarperCollins Publishers] Human trafficking generates $31 billion annually and enslaves 27 million people around the globe, half of them children under the age of 18. Award-winning journalist David Batstone, whom Bono calls "a heroic character," profiles the new generation of abolitionists who are leading the struggle to end this appalling epidemic.

"Human trafficking is not an issue of the left or right, blue states or red states, but a great moral tragedy we can unite to stop. Not for Sale is a must read to see how you can join the fight." -- Jim Wallis, author of God's Politics

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800-903-5544 -- or visit your local Episcopal bookseller, http://www.episcopalbooksellers.org