From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[UCC] UCC?s Chicago Seminary launches Synod-related blog

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:48:05 -0700

UCC's Chicago Seminary launches Synod-related blog

Written by staff reports June 20, 2007

UCC-related Chicago Theological Seminary has launched, "Wide Open Thinking," a blog devoted to interpreting the events of the UCC's five-day General Synod, which starts June 22, in Hartford, Conn.

"How often do you get the chance to be in the presence of thousands of people, or hear Bill Moyers, Senator Barack Obama, and Marian Wright Edelman, or worship an awesome God?," writes Aaron Krager, a 2007 CTS graduate, in his opening post on May 30.

The blog will feature regular commentary on Synod events, as well as links to others who are writing about their Synod experiences.

In a June 19 post, "Gearing up for Synod," Jason Coulter writes, "When I arrive at General Synod it will be as a newcomer to [UCC] church polity, but one who was unknowingly fed and nurtured by our history and our traditions. I look forward to being an active part of the next fifty years as the subsequent chapter of our church story unfolds."

Follow the online muses, experiences and rants of CTS students, as well as others, at <http://wideopenthinking.org/>Wide Open Thinking: Chicago Theological Seminary at Synod.