From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] Weeks Ahead / Catalyst: The Friendship of Women

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:11:43 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Daybook -- Today is Wednesday, June 27, 2007.

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1299, Pope Boniface VIII, in his encyclical Scimus, fili, claimed Scotland owed allegiance to the Roman Catholic Church.

_____________________

WEEKS AHEAD

Full calendar: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_1669_ENG_HTM.htm

Events

6/28/2007

> LOS ANGELES, California: Episcopal Asiamerica Ministries national consultation

6/30/2007

> WILMINGTON, Delaware: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

7/2/2007

> HOUSTON, Texas: Union of Black Episcopalians annual meeting and conference

7/3/2007

> HOUSTON, Texas: Episcopal Night with the Astros

7/4/2007

> THOUSAND OAK, California: Fourth of July celebration

7/11/2007

> OMAHA, Nebraska: Anti-racism training in Province VI

7/19/2007 > COLUMBUS, Ohio: Global Mission Event 2007

Music

6/29/2007

> SAN FRANCISCO, California: Mystic Chords and Deep Immersions

7/3/2007

> FORT WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania: Summer Carillon Concerts

7/5/2007

> NEW YORK CITY: Virtual pipes, genuine passion of Cameron Carpenter

7/7/2007 > NEW YORK CITY: Free summer folk concerts

7/8/2007

> NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey: British a cappella group at Christ Church

7/9/2007

> SEWANEE and MONTEAGLE, Tennessee: Annual Church Music Conference at Sewanee

7/11/2007 > NEW YORK CITY: Music in the garden

Full calendar: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_1669_ENG_HTM.htm

Catalyst: "The Friendship of Women: The Hidden Tradition of the Bible" from Blue Bridge Books, by Joan Chittister, 89 pages, paperback, c. 2006, $14

[Source: Blue Bridge Books] In The Friendship of Women, Joan Chittister explores the sacred dimension of friendship through the lens of faith, tradition, scripture, and the social sciences, and reveals the often-overlooked voices and experiences of women in the Bible. She recovers and reclaims the witness and wisdom of women such as Lydia, Prisca, Deborah, and Phoebe; of Esther, Martha, Veronica, and Elizabeth; and of Ruth, Anne, Miriam, and Mary Magdalene. Drawing a highly inspiring message from each of these women's lives, Chittister invites the reader to seek and embrace friendship as it is embodied between women, between God the Creator and all of creation, and between all human beings.

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800-903-5544 -- or visit your local Episcopal bookseller, http://www.episcopalbooksellers.org

ELO provides information and resources which we consider to be of interest to our readers.

However, statements and opinions expressed in the articles and communications herein, are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of ELO or the Episcopal Church.