From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] People / Catalyst: Why I am Still an Anglican

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:20:01 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Daybook -- Today is Thursday, June 28, 2007. The Church calendar remembers Irenaeus, bishop of Lyons (c. 202).

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1491, Henry VIII of England was born in Greenwich Palace, London.

PEOPLE

Dorothy Granada receives 'Best Practices in Global Health Award' http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_87368_ENG_HTM.htm

Rody Hall remembered as a person who brought dreams to life http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_87370_ENG_HTM.htm

More People: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81831_ENG_HTM.htm

Catalyst: "Why I am Still an Anglican" from the Continuum International Publishing Group, edited by Caroline Chartres, 167 pages, hardcover, c. 2007, $29.95

[Source: Continuum International Publishing Group] The Anglican church has been no stranger to controversy during its history but the debates raging at the moment are among the hottest it has known. This book asks several prominent Anglicans why they are still in the church and what they love about it. Representing Anglicanism in all its range and diversity, the contributors are positive about the church and their place in it, and show appreciation, rather than resentment, of a Church that is broad enough to contain those of opposing views. This is a personal, partial and affectionate (though by no means uncritical) glimpse of the Anglican Church.

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800-903-5544 -- or visit your local Episcopal bookseller, http://www.episcopalbooksellers.org