From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] Newslink: July 22 bulletin insert examines Camps for children of the incarcerated

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 05:24:14 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Newslink July 16, 2007

Episcopal Life Online is available at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/elife.

Today's ELO Newslink includes:

* TOP STORY - July 22 bulletin insert examines Camps for children of the incarcerated * DIOCESAN DIGEST - NEWARK: Violence is 'our most serious social disease,' bishop says * DIOCESAN DIGEST - NORTHWEST TEXAS: Homosexuality isn't the only issue, bishop tells interviewer * DIOCESAN DIGEST - SOUTH CAROLINA: No petition candidates will challenge Lawrence's expected re-election * WORLD REPORT - NIGERIA: Anglican bishop warns of consequences for cultic practices * WORLD REPORT - SOUTH AFRICA: Three candidates named for Southern Africa Primate post * FEATURE - Glimpsing our roots: A look at Jamestown, Virginia, then and now

_____________________

TOP STORIES

Episcopal Life This Week: Camps for children of the incarcerated: Bulletin Insert for July 22, 2007

Episcopal Life Bulletin Inserts features Episcopal camps for children of the incarcerated, plus ways that everyone can participate in prison ministry.

Bulletin inserts are available at:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_8852_ENG_HTM.htm

More Top Stories: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/elife

_____________________

DIOCESAN DIGEST

NEWARK: Violence is 'our most serious social disease,' bishop says http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_88158_ENG_HTM.htm

NORTHWEST TEXAS: Homosexuality isn't the only issue, bishop tells interviewer http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_88156_ENG_HTM.htm

SOUTH CAROLINA: No petition candidates will challenge Lawrence's expected re-election http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_88157_ENG_HTM.htm

More Diocesan news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_ENG_HTM.htm

_____________________

WORLD REPORT

SOUTH AFRICA: Three candidates named for Southern Africa Primate post http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_88155_ENG_HTM.htm

NIGERIA: Anglican bishop warns of consequences for cultic practices http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_88154_ENG_HTM.htm

More World news: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81808_ENG_HTM.htm

_____________________

FEATURES

Glimpsing our roots A look at Jamestown, Virginia, then and now

[Episcopal Life] Editor's Note: As Episcopalians join in commemorations of the 400th anniversary of the first permanent English settlement in North America, some may wonder how that beginning relates to the complex religious and political world we know today. Episcopal Life's Jan Nunley engages two historians in a conversation about the significance of Jamestown to the development of the Episcopal Church and Anglicanism in America. Joan Gundersen is professor emeritus of history at California State University, a research scholar in women's studies at the University of Pittsburgh and co-author, with Edward Bond, of a forthcoming history of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia. Historical interpreter Anne Conkling is a longtime docent at Jamestown and Williamsburg, Virginia, and a member of Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg.

The following text is from the July issue of Episcopal Life. An extended version of the text is also available and follows the edited version.

Full story: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81834_88150_ENG_HTM.htm

Sidebar: Jamestown events

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81834_88149_ENG_HTM.htm

Sidebar: Jamestown timeline