From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org

[ELO] Weeks Ahead / Catalyst: Pages of Faith

From "Matthew Davies" <mdavies@episcopalchurch.org>
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:36:06 -0400

Episcopal Life Online Daybook -- Today is Wednesday, August 15, 2007. The Church calendar remembers Saint Mary the Virgin, Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

* Today in Scripture: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/82457_ENG_HTM.htm * Today in Prayer: Anglican Cycle of Prayer: http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acp/index.cfm * Today in History: On this day in 1977, Presiding Bishop John M. Allin appointed Alfred Johnson as Public Affairs Officer at the Episcopal Church Center.

_____________________

WEEKS AHEAD

Full calendar: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_1669_ENG_HTM.htm

Events

8/23/2007

> MEMPHIS, Tennessee: Haiti Partnership dinner

8/24/2007

> SAN FRANCISCO, California: Grace Cathedral to host first annual writers conference

9/1/2007

> JACKSON, Mississippi: Benefit to aid rebuilding after Katrina

9/7/2007

> SAN FRANCISCO, California: Grace Cathedral to host sculptures by David Baughan

9/14/2007

> ST. LOUIS, Missouri: Making Disciples Conference

Music

8/21/2007 > HOPKINTON, New Hampshire: Village harmony

8/25/2007

> NORTH CONWAY, New Hampshire: Bach festival chorus

8/26/2007

> YORK HARBOR, Maine: U2charist to benefit the MDGs

8/31/2007

> HENDERSONVILLE, North Carolina: Solo Flight conference for single adults

9/6/2007 > WATERBURY, Connecticut: LYRA to perform

9/9/2007 > BENNINGTON, Vermont: Rap for Wrappers

9/16/2007

> NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey: Sunday Vespers Series

9/23/2007

> POUGHKEEPSIE, New York: Organ Recital and Choral Evensong

9/28/2007 > BIRMINGHAM, Alabama: Musical Menu

9/30/2007

> BENNINGTON, Vermont: Festival Choral Eucharist

Full calendar: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78650_1669_ENG_HTM.htm

Catalyst: "Pages of Faith: The Art of Spiritual Scrapbooking" from Church Publishing, Inc., by Sharon Sheridan, 133 pages, hardcover, c. 2007, $24

[Source: Church Publishing, Inc.] Through stories and pictures, Pages of Faith shows how Christians tell the stories of their faith in the pages of their scrapbooks. Chapters look at various ways of documenting the spiritual journey -- through faith milestones such as baptism and confirmation, a walk through the seasons of the liturgical year, the faith journey of a community or a family. This book contains many sample page layouts as well as inspirational stories of Christian scrapbooking ministries, color pages of actual scrapbook pages, ideas and how-to's, and sample prayers and liturgies.

This book is a limitless resource for the work of reconciliation, not only personal but congregational reconciliation. My programmatic mind saw myriad possibilities for congregations to remember their past and re-member their present. The book details how to go about this. I was moved by the powerful stories of how scrapbooking can heal. -- Phoebe Griswold, co-founder of The Episcopal Church and Visual Arts.

To order: Episcopal Books and Resources, online at http://www.episcopalbookstore.org or call 800-903-5544 -- or visit your local Episcopal bookseller, http://www.episcopalbooksellers.org